Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Welcome to the GREATEST CLASS ON EARTH!

Another Wonderful Wednesday in Kindergarten!

Today was yet another fun day! We did recess (the kids are getting very good at jump rope! I'm running out of jumping songs to sing so share if you have some good ones?? ha-ha) and morning meeting as usual. The special helper for the day shared his favorite book. We did the regular routine! It was great. Today I wasn't assigned to help out with a craft, but rather I helped out with the writing books they generally work in because one of the classroom helpers was out for the morning kindergarten session. I helped the students write out some of their sight words! It is interesting for me to see this, because I was not aware at how quickly their lexicon of words grew! They were just at like four words a few weeks ago and now they are already up to ten or so! It is truly amazing what kindergarteners can accomplish!

While they were working in their booklets, I noticed some of them having a hard time getting the placement of the letters correct according to the set up of the lines. They have the typical two solid lines and the dotted line in the middle set up, but they were not understanding where the letters would go and how they would be set up. I grabbed a mini white board and showed them the placement of the letters and where they should go according to the lines. They seemed to understand it and they got the hang of it by the end of my center! I was really happy that I could help them out.

These are the type of lines they were working with. 
The students had a hard time understanding that the dotted line was a middle line, not the bottom line.
They got it down though, after some practice :)

I took some time after they were at my center to walk around the halls and look at some bulletin boards and take some pictures of the set ups. These teachers are SO darn creative! The circus themed one was from my kindergarten and all of the kids have a big red clown nose on in their pictures!! I can not wait until I have my own boards to create! I have folders on folders on my computer desk top of some of my favorites! I will share them with you - some of these I have stumbled upon in the schools I work at and some of these I took from Pinterest!


 One of the boards that I found in the hallway at the Kindergarten!
"Welcome to the Greatest Class on Earth?"
Each kid has a big red clown nose! - HOW CUTE!?!


 A great Pinterest find - cute for listing class birthdays!
I would maybe add some flowers to make it more colorful and put the students' names on the petals not the leaves? So cute though!


I mean come on!? THIS is precious.


Minions, duh... 'nuff said!

Another great day in Kindergarten!
Keep Creating!
Love,
Ms. Jaclyn 

No comments:

Post a Comment